Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Dream Cocktail (yeah, right)

1.5 oz. brandy
0.75 oz. triple sec
.25 teaspoon anisette

Shake and strain into cocktail glass.

I just realized why it's better when Crooney writes the intros -- knowing the ingredients in advance doesn't do much to whet my appetite for Mr. B.

Not shockingly, this drink looks like every other one this chapter. Crooney reports that you can really taste the anisette, despite its meager proportion. This isn't a problem, as he's ambivalent about licorice. Triple sec, he adds, is always a favorable ingredient.

I hate licorice flavoring, so I'm sure this drink will be phenomenal.

I held my nose before taking a sip, but it wasn't nearly helpful enough. This drink reminds me of ear infections as a child. Actually, it reminds me of liquid penicillin and trying not to vomit.

Incidentally, I would most stridently beg readers not to try this drink after visiting an all-you-can-eat, rodizio-style steakhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment